Flying High

Written by Mel
in memory of Steve Walker




Well known Canadian Artist Steve Walker passed away yesterday (02/09/2012) at the very young age of 50. I have always been very taken with his art and have used it to illustrate stories in the past. You can see many of his beautiful paintings on his web site: http://stevewalkerartist.com/


Hayden looked at the birthday card, ‘To Our Son on His 30th Birthday’.

Where had the years gone? Wasn’t it only yesterday that their boy was three? Hayden’s mind traveled back to that third birthday at the beach, with Zack releasing balloons into the sky.

“I’m going to fly up high when I get big!” The young voice had declared.

Todd had already signed the card, Hayden simply added ‘Dad’ beside Todd’s ‘Love Papa’. He smiled and tucked the certificate for the hot air balloon trip over wine country into the card, put it into the envelope and sealed it.

The End

1 comment:

  1. There are mornings as I drive to work that
    the sky's are filled with colorful hot air ballons. And now, when I see them,
    I'll remember your drabble and Steve Walker's painting. And I'll smile.

    Thanks Mike,

    PJ

    ReplyDelete