Down In The Mouth

Co-written by: Mel and LJ


Zack smiled when he saw his father waiting patiently for him to finish serving a customer. Once he was sure his elderly client understood what was entailed in the proper taking of her newest prescription, Zack said goodbye and then waved Todd over.

“Come out back, Papa, and tell me the reason for this visit?” He ushered the immaculately-groomed, older man into his small office and indicated he take a seat in the only available chair. “What has you dressed to kill and looking rather pleased with yourself?” Zack inquired as he lifted a couple of boxes off a bench, placed them on the floor and sat down.

Todd chuckled at his son’s teasing manner and launched into his account of having obtained part-time work and more importantly, the use of Jade Heights’ dental facilities. After answering a few questions raised by his son, Todd brought up his main concern.

“There is a certain young man who I feel is in need of my expertise.” Todd smiled at the baffled expression on Zack’s face. “I would very much like to see Rene and check out the tooth that was causing him problems last night. I strongly suspect it has been troubling him for some time now. It greatly upsets me to think of someone I care about, suffering needlessly.”

Relieved when he saw Zack’s head nodding his understanding, Todd asked, “Do you think that wonderful partner of yours would be available to come to the clinic around ten o’clock tomorrow morning, Son?”

“Although I can’t say how happy he’ll be about it, I will see to it that he is there, Papa.” A few more pleasantries were exchanged before Zack walked his father out of the pharmacy with promises to visit his parents sometime over the coming week.

Zack was far from pleased with the idea that his Brat may be withholding pertinent information again. If such was the case, it was an issue they would be revisiting this evening.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Rene popped his last Advil after lunch. He looked at the empty bottle in his hand and tried to figure out how to obtain more without Zack asking why. This was the problem of being partnered with the owner of the only pharmacy in this small town. He’d bought this last bottle when he was in Kelowna but had no excuse to make that trip now. The tooth that had started out being a bit sensitive was getting to be more painful over the past week. He’d managed to keep it to himself as the thought of seeing a dentist scared him to death.

He’d had several bad experiences while growing up. The dentist his parents had taken him to had pulled teeth, saying his mouth was too small and had done fillings with inadequate freezing. Though intellectually he knew that it didn’t have to be that way with all dentists, he could not get past his fear. It had been several years since he’d last seen a dentist and didn’t want anyone, not even Todd, to be poking in his mouth.

Today was his final day working at the day-care centre; he had finished up the mural and was packing his supplies when the owner, Miss Stephanie, asked to see him in her office. He emerged an hour later feeling happy and excited, the pain in his mouth forgotten as he headed home for dinner. He was so excited he didn’t even notice that he was more than thirty minutes late.

Zack pulled the shepherd’s pie out of the oven, looking up at the clock when he heard the apartment door open and slam shut. He smiled when seconds later he found his arms filled with a very animated young lover.

“Hi there, sweetheart,” he greeted and soundly kissed his partner, then laughed at the younger man’s fervor. “I get the impression you’re busting to tell me something; am I right?”

“Oh yeah, you’re right, Zack. I got a job offer this afternoon,” Rene replied excitedly. He pulled Zack over to the table and practically pushed him into a chair. “Let’s sit and I’ll tell you about it.” He plopped himself down in the chair beside his lover.

“It’s not an art commission, but a steady job as a teacher. Miss. Stephanie, the day care centre manager, said she’d been watching me while I worked on the mural. I spent a lot of time talking to the little kids about painting and telling them about colours and stuff. She said she was really impressed with how patient I was with them and had I ever thought of working with children and teaching art. So when I told her that though my major in University had been fine arts, I had minored in children’s studies. Did I ever tell you that?” he asked, but went on speaking without giving Zack a chance to answer.

“Anyway, she went kinda nuts when I told her that and she offered me a part-time job running the art program at the centre. She said I’d be fully in charge of the whole art department. I’ll begin by working every weekday morning from eight-thirty until twelve noon, and she’s gonna pay me twenty-five dollars an hour to start. Isn’t that great?”

Rene was grinning from ear to ear, until he happened to slow down enough to realize that the shepherd’s pie was sitting on the stove fully cooked, the table was set and the time was forty-five minutes after he was supposed to have been home. The smile faded from his face as he looked at Zack. “I’m late, aren’t I? And I didn’t call. I’m sorry, Zack. I didn’t notice the time when I was speaking to Miss. Stephanie.”

Zack smiled as he watched the exhilaration dancing in his lover’s eyes; beautiful blue eyes he had been drawn to the moment he saw them. He waited a couple of seconds to make sure Rene had talked himself out and then reached over to take Rene’s hand in his and kiss the palm.

“Congratulations, sweetheart, on your new career. And no, you’ve never before mentioned your minor to me but I can certainly see where you will be a marvelous teacher for these little ones.”

Although Zack had no intentions of making a big deal out of Rene’s tardiness, he was grateful for his partner bringing it up. “As far as you being late, love, I believe you had just cause, don’t you? Besides, you've improved so much in that area over the last couple of months that I think I can cut you a little slack, as long as you don’t begin to make a bad habit of it again.” He winked and got to his feet. “How about washing your hands so we can have supper before it gets much colder?”

Rene smiled; relieved he wasn’t in trouble with Zack for being late. “Thanks, Zack. I’ll go wash up and be right with you.”

When Rene returned to the kitchen, Zack had the dinner on the table. Two plates with steaming Shepherd’s Pie and a tossed salad with bread rolls awaited him. “Mmm, looks great!” he said as he dug into the meal. However, the minute the hot food hit his sore tooth he flinched and let out a small gasp.

Zack glanced up with a frown of concern and decided he had put off a certain subject long enough. “Papa dropped by the pharmacy earlier this morning. He is under the impression that your tooth has been bothering you for some time, Rene. Tell me, love, is Papa’s concern warranted or is he mistaken?” Reaching across the table, Zack took Rene’s hand in his and gave it a gentle squeeze. “Talk to me, sweetheart,” he patiently encouraged.

Rene felt his stomach clench. The last thing he wanted was the ‘concern’ of the family dentist. Concern that would inevitably lead to more pain and suffering than the little toothache he’d been feeling.

He put a grin on his face and tried to look amused. “I’m sure your Papa is a great dentist, Zack, but I don’t need one. I should just go back to using that special tooth paste for sensitive teeth. Like I told you last night, sometimes things that are too hot or cold make my teeth react is all. Your Papa is a really nice man but he has nothing to worry about when it comes to my teeth.”

“All right,” Zack temporarily went along with his partner’s explanation, but spent the rest of the meal quietly watching Rene eat. He even caught himself flinching now and again when his Brat did. ‘Okay, this has gone on long enough,’ Zack thought decisively, fifteen very long minutes later.

“I think it is time to talk, Rene,” he announced, pushing away from the table and getting to his feet. The dishes could wait. “Come with me, please,” he requested, taking the younger man’s hand and leading him into the living room. Taking a seat on the sofa and pulling Rene down to sit beside him, he looked into his lover’s blue eyes and stated, “Okay, my love, I do believe we have had previous conversations about you keeping things from me. Now, I want to know how long you have had that toothache and what you have been doing in an attempt to prevent me from finding out about it. No more beating around the bush, Rene, I expect nothing less that the complete unvarnished truth and I want it now.”

Rene’s first instinct was to deny Zack’s implication. “Really, Zack, it’s nothing. I...” he began. However, the look of steely determination in his lover’s face seemed to freeze the words that were coming out of his mouth. His eye’s dropped to his lap and he sat twisting his fingers. This was not how this was supposed to go. If only he’d had more of the Advil, he’d have gotten through the meal without reacting as he had. He raised his eyes in hopes Zack would relent but it was quickly obvious he was going to have to confess.

“It’s been sensitive for a few weeks really, but the last couple it’s been getting worse. Now it’s hurting quite a bit, but a couple of extra strength Advil liquid-gels every few hours, makes it feel better. Except I ran out of them today and your pharmacy is the only place in town that sells them.”

“Hmm, let’s see now. You’ve not only been keeping this from me but you have also lied when point blankly asked about it.” Zack got up, left the room and returned less that a minute later. “I have a feeling you have already taken more than the recommended daily amount of Advil, so I can not give you anymore oral pain medication. However, as you are in need of some pain relief, I have some Orajel for you.”

Zack squeezed a glob of the gel onto a Q-tip and ordered Rene to open his mouth. He pursed his lips and shook his head when he caught sight of the affected tooth; then he gently applied the gel. “That should start feeling better in a second or two, love. We can re-apply it a couple more times before your appointment with our family dentist tomorrow morning.” He lovingly caressed the side of his Brat’s cheek and waited for the inevitable argument.

Though he was grateful for the almost instant relief the Orajel provided, Rene was not happy to hear about an appointment with a dentist. “No dentists!” Rene said adamantly. “I don’t care if he’s your Papa; I don’t like dentists. The tooth will get better again. It has before. Just let it alone, please Zack!”

“No can do, sweetheart. I am no going to let you suffer any longer. I can understand you not liking dentists; they are not usually right at the top of any ‘people I love to see’ lists. But regardless of the bad experiences you have had in the past, and I’m inclined to believe there have been many, I have to insist you see Papa and have that tooth cared for. I am asking you to trust me, my love,” Zack earnestly requested before offering assurances. “I promise you that Papa will cause you far less pain that you are presently experiencing.”

Gazing into the beautiful young face in front of him, Zack firmly added, “I am not giving you a choice about whether or not you keep the appointment, Rene. However, you do have the choice of either walking into the clinic on your own two feet or being carried in over my shoulder.”

Rene was quickly coming to learn that when Zack made a decree like that, he wasn’t about to change his mind. He had a strong feeling that if he did put up a fight Zack would do just what he threatened. And it was hard to argue with his lover when he asked Rene to trust him. Of course he trusted Zack and he trusted Todd too.

But the big question was; could he trust Dr. Pierce? Would Todd change into his vision of a dentist, someone who gives pain rather than relieves it? Could the sweet loving man who called him piglet and treated him with such kindness, turn into a monster when he put on a white lab coat?

Rene was torn and emotional but he nodded his head sadly. “I don’t want to go Zack, but I’ll do what you say.” Tears formed in his eyes. “Are you going to spank me for keeping this from you and lying?”

“I know you don’t want to go, Rene, and I can’t tell you how proud I am of you for obeying me in this matter.” Zack smiled and squeezed his partner’s hand. He appreciated how difficult it was for Rene to agree to something he obviously found so frightening and he felt humbled by the trust his lover was putting in him.

“And yes, sweetheart, I am going to spank you. Undisclosed pertinent information and deceit have no place in our relationship. I love you too much and care too deeply for what we have going here to let it slip away from us.” Zack pulled his young lover into his arms and kissed him passionately. Coming up for breath, he placed his forehead against Rene’s. “You are my world; I don’t ever want to lose you or what we have, my love,” he solemnly whispered.

Zack sat up straight and cleared his throat. He patted Rene’s leg and softly ordered, “Up you get, honey. Let’s take care of this and move on.”

A single tear formed in Rene’s eye and dripped down his cheek as he stood to obey his Top. He slowly undid his pants and pushed them to the ground along with his boxers.

As Zack guided him over his lap, Rene’s mind flashed back to his first time being put across Zack’s lap for a spanking. Zack’s whispered words to him when it was done would forever remain with him: “Shh, sweetheart, you’re going to be fine. It’s over and all is forgiven. I love you, baby; too much to ever let unsafe behaviour go without retribution. Shh, my beloved; you’re mine and in safe hands, I promise.”

The first crack of the spanking made him gasp, but he hung onto his remembrance of Zack’s comforting words.

Zack kept up a steady rhythm until he felt confident the lesson he was trying to convey had been understood and accepted, and would be remembered. Landing one last spank on the center of his Brat’s bottom, Zack ended the punishment.

Neither man spoke for several moments. Rene remained lying across his partner’s thighs while the hand that had so firmly spanked, now rubbed gentle circles over his back.

When Rene’s crying had slowed to the point where Zack felt he could be heard, he began his calming mantra. “Ssh, love, it’s over now. The slate has been wiped clean. You’re safe and loved more than words can say, believe me.” He planned to spend the rest of the evening reconnecting and letting this beautiful young partner of his know just how much he was cherished.

Zack’s words of comfort and reassurance, along with the gentle back rub helped Rene recover more easily. He gingerly turned to his side and Zack pulled him up into his arms, where Rene could rest his head against his lover’s broad shoulder. It was a favourite spot of his. He could inhale the scent of Zack’s skin which smelled slightly of cologne and the wonderful aroma that was uniquely Zack.

He placed a very small kiss on the older man’s neck, feeling as though he was barely worthy of touching his lips to the skin of this man he loved so much. “I’m sorry I disappointed you, Zack,” he whispered. “I promise I won’t make you embarrassed tomorrow with your Papa. I’ll do whatever he says.”

“Oh my darling, you have not disappointed me and you’d have to work very hard to embarrass me. I am so proud of you for trusting me and being brave enough to do something that really frightens you.” Zack pressed several tender kisses on his lover’s tear-stained cheeks. He reached behind him and pulled the throw off the back of the sofa and lovingly wrapped it around Rene’s semi-naked body.

Carding his finger through the younger man’s dark brown hair, Zack smiled down at him. “You know, we have so very much to look forward to, my love; beginning with our upcoming wedding. We both want to be feeling our best so we can enjoy it all to the fullest. The next three months are going to pass quickly and we have so much to do. Are you looking forward to the day I make you legally mine for the rest of our lives and give you my name, sweetheart?”

Rene snuggled even closer into Zack, enjoying the warmth of his lover’s arms and the blanket around him. “I can’t think of anything in the world I could be happier about than our getting married. I still can’t believe it. You are the best thing that ever happened to me. I do want to belong to you, legally and forever.”

He grinned. “Rene Pierce sounds really nice to me. It won’t make my dad very happy, but then nothing about me makes him happy, so I have to do what makes me happy. Getting married to you and having the same name as you, just feels so right.” He paused, thinking about the wedding. “Zack, would it be okay with you if I wrote my own vows for the ceremony?”

“Of course, it will be okay, Rene. I plan to write my own as well. I want our special day to stand out in your mind for the rest of your life, sweetheart, and will do everything possible to ensure such is the case,” Zack promised. “Sometime over the weekend, we are going to have to sit down and write out a list of all we have to do. Things like setting an actual date, choosing rings, deciding on best men and who to invite; the list goes on and on, doesn’t it? And we’re going to do it all together and enjoy every minute of it.”

Zack adjusted their positions by stretching out on the sofa and lying his partner face down on top of him, making sure the soft afghan stayed wrapped around them.

“Comfy, love?” he softly asked with a smile, gazing into the face he loved and becoming mesmerized by his lover’s dazzling blue eyes. Zack loved this young man in his arms with all his heart and although they had first met less than ten months ago, he no longer remembered what his life was like without him, and didn’t want to.

They continued talking quietly about their future together. Zack soothingly rubbed his Brat’s back until he felt the younger man’s body slacken and his breathing deepen.

Rene dozed off while lying in Zack’s arms, but woke an hour later with his tooth throbbing once again.

He moaned and lifted his head from Zack’s shoulder. “Zack, you awake?” he asked. Zack opened his eyes and smiled at him. “Can I get some more Advil yet or at least some more of that Orajel? My tooth is really sore.”

“The Orajel and Q-tips are on the coffee table, honey, but I can’t reach them in this position. Sit up and I’ll get it for you.” Zack got the needed items and gently applied more of the gel to the affected tooth. “It’s not quite nine o’clock, love. I think it would be best for you to wait and take a couple of Advil before we go to bed. Hopefully, that will get you through the night. In the meantime, how about finding a show on TV or putting in a movie for us to watch? Unless you’d rather go to bed now and I can wake you later to take the meds.”

Rene felt a bit better for the use of the Orajel, but it didn’t work as well as the Advil. However, he knew arguing for the drug would get him no where. He let out a large yawn and then looked shyly to Zack.

“I think I’d be better in bed if you don’t mind. I’m awfully tired and sore. I don’t know that I’ll sleep that well though, as I tend to toss and turn a lot when I’m anxious. I should sleep in the spare room so I don’t keep you up.”

“It is not a problem even if you were to keep me up, sweetheart. I love and want you in our bed with me for as long as we live.” Zack got to his feet and held out his hand. “Come on, babe, let’s get you settled.”

Zack turned down the blankets and plumped up the pillows. Then he lay down and waited for his Brat to finish getting ready for bed. Once Rene was under the covers, Zack held him and gently rubbed his back until his lover had fallen asleep, before getting up and quietly leaving the room.

He straightened up from their evening meal, put away the leftovers and did up the dishes. He stretched out on the sofa to read. It was going on midnight by the time he’d complete his nightly routine and was ready to join his partner in bed.

“Rene, baby. Wake up, honey. I have a couple of Advil for you, love.” Zack gently woke his Brat. It didn’t take much as Rene had been restless and groaning in his sleep. “Here you go,” he offered, handing over two pills and a glass of tepid water.

Zack took back the empty glass, reached up to brush the hair out of Rene’s eyes and kissed his forehead. “Move over, babe,” he murmured so he could spoon behind his Brat and sooth him back to sleep.

Between the Advil and the back rub, Rene found himself relaxing into a deep sleep. He was quite surprised to wake and see the sunlight peeping through the edges of the bedroom blind. The clock read eight a.m. Zack was still in bed beside him, which was another surprise as his Top was normally up by this hour.

He slipped quietly out of bed to the washroom. His tooth was aching again so he opened the medicine cabinet in search of the Advil. However, it was empty of all pain relievers. A search of the drawers and even the kitchen came up the same way. He realized the Zack must have put them away. After his abusing them, the older man must have decided to keep them under his control.

Rene would either have to wake Zack or try the Orajel. Soon he would have to see Todd and suffer even more pain. The thought of dental work was starting to make him feel panicky.

He was sitting at the kitchen table with his hands shaking, trying to apply the Orajel in the same way Zack had done but was having a hard time, when he felt a gentle hand take the tube and Q-tip from him.

“Let me help you, love,” Zack softly requested. Holding up the gelled Q-tip, he smiled and commanded, “Open up, babe.” Next, he handed two Advil and a glass of warm water to the suffering man and once the pills had been swallowed, took Rene’s hand and lead him back to their en suite.

Zack made quick work of stripping them both of their t-shirts and boxers, turned on the water to the temperature they both preferred and gently shoved his Brat into the shower. He stepped in next to his lover and began to kiss him while his experienced hands seductively roamed over Rene’s body, making sure no part was missed until he had the young man whimpering for more.

After making sure they were both well lubed, Zack leaned his lover against the wall, lifting him enough to slip muscular arms under Rene’s bent knees. Getting the angle just right, Zack gradually pushed into his lover’s warmth. He felt the relaxing of that tight ring of muscle and pulled back before thrusting in deeper. He gradually increased the pace, making sure to hit the nub inside.

Soon he felt the first twinges of release, as Rene tightened moments before he howled out his climax. Zack reached the pinnacle he sought seconds later and then unhurriedly lowered his lover’s legs. Both men were panting and relying on each other and the wall to remain upright. Zack gazed at Rene’s soft, dream-like expression and smiled.

Once his heartbeat had slowed considerably and his breathing had almost returned to normal, Zack took his time to tenderly wash the love of his life. After cleaning himself, he turned off the water and toweled down first his still somewhat mesmerized lover and then himself.

“We better get shaved and dressed, sweetheart,” Zack persuasively suggested. “We don’t want to keep Papa waiting.”

Rene was still in a state of bliss while he got ready for the day. “Thank you, Zack,” he said as he pulled on his shirt. “You’re so good to me. I’m glad we’re going to work on the wedding plans this weekend. I can’t wait to be married to you.” He wrapped his arms around his lover and gave him a kiss. “I love you.”

“I love you too, baby, with all my heart,” Zack murmured and wholeheartedly returned the kiss.

It wasn’t until they walked into the dental office that Rene began to think again about the reason he was here. He suddenly felt that old sense of panic return and began to back out, wanting to run.

“Oh no you don’t, sweetheart. You haven’t come this far to turn around now,” Zack softly admonished, placing a firm hand on the small of his Brat’s back and steadily propelling him forward. “It’s okay, babe, I’ll stay with you the whole time if you wish.”

The door closed behind them just as Todd put in an appearance. “Hi, Papa; we made it and I see you’re dressed for the occasion.” Zack laughed when he saw the colourful lab coat his father was wearing. “I gotta admit, Winnie-the-Pooh characters do suit you but I was expecting Snoopy and the gang.” Zack laughed even louder.

Despite his nervous shakes, Rene had to smile at Todd’s lab jacket. He looked...well, he looked like Todd, his personality came shining through in the colourful coat. Now if only he turned out to be as kind and gentle a dentist as he looked. Could this very sweet man make a dental experience a positive one? Could he fix this miserable pain in his mouth, without making him suffer even worse pain? He took a tight hold of Zack’s hand with no intention of letting go until it was all over.

Todd understood that many people were wary of dentists, having experience his share of panicky patients in the past. He smiled warmly and wrapping an arm around Rene’s shoulders, cheerily suggested, “How about we get some pictures first? Get an idea of what we’re dealing with, okay?” Not waiting for an answer, he gently prodded the young man down the hall. “Zack can come in with you if you wish, pet,” he added, having noticed the death grip Rene had on his partner’s hand.

Rene was settled into the dental chair and Todd gently coerced him to open his mouth. The older man just smiled and talked about the weather while he looked at Rene’s teeth.

After a few moments, Todd explained about the x-ray process and draped the heavy lead apron over Rene and carefully placed the folder containing the film into his mouth. This was the one point where Todd insisted that Rene release Zack’s hand for a few seconds during the actual taking of the x-rays.

Rene gripped the arm of the chair and white-knuckled his way through the taking of several films. Tears formed in his eyes when one of the x-ray folders rubbed against his sore tooth, but he held them back from falling until Todd had taken the films to be processed and Zack was once again holding his hand. The moment Todd had exited the room, the tears spilled from his eyes.

“Oh honey,” Zack cooed, taking his lover into his arms. He held him close, rocking him slightly and rubbing his back. After the tears had stopped, Zack stepped back and handed Rene his handkerchief. “Mop up, sweetheart; Papa will be back in just a minute.” He smiled his support and tenderly brushed Rene’s hair off his forehead. “Better?”

Rene nodded. “Thanks, Zack. It was just the x-ray thing that hurt. What do you think he’s going to do?” he asked, his voice shaking with nerves.

“I think I can best answer that, Rene,” Todd said as he walked back into the room. Taking his seat next to his patient, he took Rene’s free hand in his and glanced up at Zack, before turning his full attention on Rene. “You have an abscess, honey, but we can and will, save the tooth. However, it will take a bit of time for the infection to completely clear up. Now I know you’re nervous, so I recommend first administering Nitrous oxide to help you relax before I do a root canal. I will explain each step of the process as I go along, okay?”

Todd smiled knowingly as he watched the other two men share a silent conversation. Moments later, he received a wide-eyed nod from Rene. He administered the gas and soon had his patient calm enough to give him an injection of Novocain.

Once the medication had taken effect, the canal was thoroughly cleaned, filled with a flexible plastic material and then a temporary filling was put on top. Todd softly described everything as he did it.

“We done, pet” Todd announced with a smile as he gently caressed Rene’s cheek. It would have been impossible to miss his patient’s sigh of relief. “Now, I want you to listen carefully. I have some instructions that you must follow to the letter. I will be giving you a couple of prescriptions. One is an antibiotic. It is imperative that you complete the entire course or risk the infection becoming worse. The second is Tylenol 3 for pain which you can take as directed on the bottle. You can expect another two or three days of soreness before it completely fades away.”

Todd paused for a few seconds to avoid overwhelming the young man. “Next, I want you to rinse your mouth with a mixture of warm water and salt several times a day. This will take some of the pain away as well as keep your mouth clean. Two weeks from today when we are sure the infection has cleared up, Zack will bring you back here and I will put on a permanent crown. This is necessary because very often a root canal procedure can weaken the tooth.”

Glancing back and forth between his son and his patient, Todd asked, “Is this understood by both of you?”

“Explicitly!” Zack declared. He gazed down at his partner and winked. “We’ll make sure your orders are obeyed, Papa. Won’t we, Rene love?”

Though Rene would not have called the procedure fun, he could not get over how gentle Todd had been and how very little discomfort he had felt. The worst of it seemed to be that his jaw ached some from keeping it open so long. Of course his mouth felt very fat and frozen from the Novocain, but all in all he felt pretty good.

“Thann..ooo,” he mumbled through the frozen lip and then smiled at Zack. “I can..tuk soo good.”

Zack and Todd chuckled at the younger man’s attempt to speak. “I am sure you’ll have plenty to say once the freezing fades away,” Zack assured his partner. He reached up and ruffled Rene’s hair before dropping a kiss on his forehead.

Looking at his father, he thanked him for his care. “I appreciate you going to all this trouble for us, Papa. If we’re done here, I’m going to take Rene home and pick-up his meds. We’ll see you and Dad some time during the week.”

“It was no trouble at all, my boys. I am more than happy to do it,” Todd insisted as he unclipped the paper bib from around his patient’s neck. “Just give me a minute to write out the prescriptions and then I’ll see you both out.”

Todd was soon standing at the front door of the dental clinic, merrily waving goodbye to his piglets.

Zack walked Rene back to the apartment and sent him to the bedroom to change into loungewear while he went downstairs to the pharmacy to fill the prescriptions.

Rene looked at his watch and was surprised that it was already past noon. Deciding that getting changed at this point was a waste of time, he just sat on the bed waiting for Zack. When he heard the older man coming through the door, he went out to meet him.

“Zack, how lonn til de frweezin is don? I gobba be at de libary byfor free o’clob when it cwoses,” he mumbled, not at all impressed with his heavily frozen lips and tongue. “I sownd dum lib dis.” He wiped disgustedly at his lip when he realized he was drooling as he spoke.

“You’ll need to exercise patience, my love. Papa was very generous with the Novocain, so I’m afraid it could be another few hours before your mouth is back to normal. In the meantime, let’s get some antibiotic into you. We’ll have to make lunch as it has to be taken with food. Come and see what we can rustle up.”

In the kitchen, Zack pulled a couple of cans of chicken noodle soups out of the cupboard. “Put bowls, spoons and glasses on the table please, honey, while I heat this up a bit. We can have egg custard for dessert. Nothing has to be chewed as it will all slide down easily.”

Once they were seated at the table and Rene had taken his medication, Zack calmly informed his partner that he did not want the young man going out. “You can do with the rest, love; to make up for the sleep you’ve been deprived of lately. Your trip to the library can wait until the first of the week.”

Rene was tired and not in the most receptive of moods to be told no. He put down his spoon, pushed away his soup bowl and looked at his partner.

“Zack, I hab to go. I ordbered de book in special and de libarian seb it would be in tobay. I neeb it for a projeb I wanna do. If I don get it tobay, I hab to wait for Tubesbay when day open again.”

Zack smiled patiently at his cranky Brat. He loved this beautiful young man with all his heart, wanted to take care of him and keep him safe and happy. And he was more than willingly to indulge him.

“Tell you what; I’ll make you a deal. You finished your lunch and lie down for an hour or so, and in return I’ll go get your book for you. Then you and I are going to spend the rest of the weekend just chilling out, relaxing and enjoying each other’s company. I am sure if we put our minds to it, we can find enough pleasurable activities to keep us busy.”

The glint in his eye made it easy for his partner to know at least one activity he was referring to. “What do you say, babe; is it a deal?”

Though a part of Rene railed against being sent for a nap, he knew he was tired and if he wanted to enjoy the rest of Zack’s proposition, he’d do well getting a sleep. The thought of a weekend relaxing at home and having Zack make love to him in his powerful possessive way, had Rene aroused just thinking of it. He smiled lustfully at his partner. “Ib’s a deal.”

The End

No comments:

Post a Comment